At Next Phase Advisory Group, we strive to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients. We are dedicated to providing exceptional client service and will promptly respond to all inquiries.
Mike Polan is a wealth management advisor with Next Phase Advisory Group. He is committed to providing clients with guidance that allows them to retire with confidence & create a legacy of significance.
Mike guides his clients through a process that allows them to crystallize their vision for the future - then creates a plan that helps bring that vision into reality.
Mike joined Northwestern Mutual here in Chicagoland's Western suburbs in 1990. He graduated from Bradley University in Peoria with a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics. He went on to earn his CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®) & Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) designations and is 6, 7, 63 & 65 registered. During his 30 year financial services career he has earned several awards including the National Quality Award.
Mike and his wife Pam have been married for 20+ years and are proud residents of Wheaton. They have two children, Connor and Shaye, who keep them very busy.
Mike is a strong believer in supporting his community. He supports their children’s High School, St Francis College Preparatory, Ronald McDonald House in Winfield, and Alex’s Lemonade Stand’s research for Childhood Cancer. In Mike's free time, he enjoys coaching his children's sports teams and spending family time at their lake house in Wisconsin.
Kevin Olson is a Wealth Management Advisor with Next Phase Advisory Group. His career path has been rooted in a desire to provide sound, thoughtful guidance to his clients in the form of a comprehensive financial plan. His personable approach is reflected in the lifelong relationships that he has developed with clients & their families.
People have trust in Kevin’s recommendations because they are based upon the best interest and long-term view of their business, family and the future generation. He guides his clients through a process that allows them to envision the future state – then creates a plan that helps bring that vision into reality.
Kevin joined Northwestern Mutual here in Chicagoland’s Western suburbs in 1990. He graduated from Valparaiso University in Indiana with a bachelor of science in business and a minor in economics. He went on to earn his Chartered Life Underwriter® designation in 1999; the insurance profession’s oldest standard of excellence launched in 1927. He is 6, 7, 63 & 65 registered. During his financial services career, he has earned several awards including the Life Impact Award and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, NAIFA®, National Quality Award and Northwestern Mutual FORUM, recognizing the highest level of productivity and excellence.
He and his wife Beth have been married for 25 years and are proud residents of Naperville. They have three children, Andrew, David & Megan, who keep them very busy. Kevin can proudly say that he has never missed a single game or event for his children. A product of financial planning himself, Kevin & Beth have been able to "live the life that they love".
Carm Barbaro is a Wealth Management Advisor with over 15 years of experience guiding clients. Prior to establishing his practice at Northwestern Mutual in 2010, Carm acquired experience in the financial industry at JPMorgan and BMO Harris. Over the years, Carm has focused on a comprehensive financial planning relationship with clients in both the emerging affluent and retirement planning markets.
In 2012, Carm was honored to be a featured speaker at the Northwestern Mutual Annual Meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Carm and his team are proud to have received the NAIFA Quality Award multiple times as well as being awarded the Advisor Today 4-Under-40 Award in 2018, which featured him and his team nationally. He is Series 6, 7, 26, 63 and 65 registered.
Carm grew up in the Southside Chicago area and attended St. Laurence High School, followed by Northern Illinois University. Carm is married to Kristen and they are parents to Aubri, Ben and Cora. They reside in the Western Suburbs of Chicagoland and enjoy volunteering for Feed My Starving Children and giving back to the community through Alex’s Lemonade Stand, Ronald McDonald House and Kiva.
- Phil handles overseeing the network operations to achieve the highest levels of productivity and profitability. He also engages in marketing externally and internally to promote Next Phase Advisory Group.
- Phil joined the team in 2014 and has been with Northwestern Mutual since 2007 starting as a Financial Representative and then as Client Relations Director. He is Life, Health, Annuity and Long Term Care licensed.
- Phil enjoys spending time with his wife, Shannon, daughter, Cambria and their dog, Frankie. Music is a big part of his life, including writing music, playing guitar & piano. He also enjoys mountain biking and being outdoors.
- Lora handles our Client Services. She is the point of contact for clients as it relates to insurance questions, service and the application and underwriting process.
- Lora has been with Northwestern Mutual since 2005. She began part-time as an Associate Financial Representative while her children were in school. She currently holds her FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations, as well as IL Life, Health, and Long-Term Care licenses. She joined Next Phase Advisory Group in November 2019 as the Client Services Associate. Lora earned both her B.A. in Economics and MBA in Marketing at the University of Cincinnati.
- Lora and her husband, Jim, reside in Batavia where they raised their sons, Max and Joe. As a family, they enjoy their timeshare in Cabo San Lucas and their two rescue dogs, Marshall and Jessie. They are also committed to fostering for local rescues. Lora enjoys experimenting in the kitchen, as well as playing competitive tennis.
- Cheryl is the main point of contact to schedule time to meet with Mike or Carm. Her responsibilities include scheduling client and prospective client meetings, managing the distribution of client communications and coordinating client appreciation events.
- Cheryl has been with Northwestern Mutual since 2013 and joined the Next Phase Advisory Team in 2020. She brings over 20+ years of marketing and client services experience to the team.
- Cheryl graduated with degrees in Advertising and Marketing from the University of Colorado, Boulder, and lives in Naperville with her husband and two sons. She enjoys volunteering in her community, reading, fitness and is a "foodie" who loves to cook and explore new restaurants throughout the city.
- Nello oversees and assists with establishing all new Investment accounts, account transfer procedures and is involved with client meetings when applicable.
- Starting as a Financial Representative and then the Director of Development, Nello has been with Northwestern Mutual since 2017 and joined the Next Phase Advisory Group team in 2021. Nello also has been in the Financial Services industry for 20 years. He currently holds his FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations, as well as IL Life, Health, and LongTerm Care licenses.
- Nello and his wife, Nicole, live on the Northside of Chicago and have 2 kids, Jake and Juliana. In Nello’s spare time he enjoys coaching his son's sports teams, is the Vice President on the school board and is involved within his parish.
- Jennifer handles our client portfolio development and plan implementation. She also conducts research for plan updates, client reviews, and conducts plan maintenance. In addition, she handles the day to day operational procedures with Kevin.
- Jennifer joined Northwestern Mutual in 2002. She is Series 7 & 63 registered. Prior to joining the team in 2007, she supported the Investment Operations department for the Agency. She graduated from MacMurray College with a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration and Management.
- Jennifer was born and raised in the Western Suburbs, where she currently resides.
- Aline handles the Marketing and Event Planning for Next Phase Advisory Group as well as assists clients in the application and underwriting process of all insurance products. She is currently Life and Health Insurance licensed
- Aline joined Next Phase Advisory Group in November 2019 and has a previous background of running a successful sales and marketing office.
- Aline enjoys working out and traveling any chance she gets and also has a 7 year old daughter who is always making her laugh in the best way.
- Sally handles our Investment client accounts and tailors their plans to meet their personal Investment needs. She processes account changes and updates. She guides our clients through the onboarding process and aggregating their financial information.
- Sally joined Northwestern Mutual in 2001. She is Series 7, 9, 10 & 63, Life, Health & Variable Insurance licensed. She graduated from Eastern Illinois University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration. She has been working in the securities and advisory planning services since graduation.
- Sally and her husband, Mike live in Naperville, IL with their son, Jake, and their daughter, Jordan.
- Katy oversees day-to-day operational procedures with Carm, handles general account administration, new client enrollment, Insurance underwriting and client servicing.
- Katy graduated with a degree in Psychology from Dominican University. She worked in inside sales for Hormel Foods for a few years before joining Northwestern Mutual in 2007.
- Katy resides in Western Springs with her husband Pat and daughter Rose. In their spare time, Katy and her family are active members of their Parish. She enjoys fitness and spending time with family and friends.
- Erin joined Northwestern Mutual in January 2019 as an intern, while earning her bachelor’s degrees in Finance and Economics from North Central College. Upon graduating, she served as a Financial Representative before joining Next Phase Advisory Group in May 2020. She currently holds her FINRA Series 6 and 63 registrations, as well as IL Life, Health, and Long-Term Care licenses. Behind the scenes, Erin prepares all materials for client reviews, as well as supports the new account process.
- In her spare time, Erin enjoys spending time with friends, family, and her two dogs, Pip and Koda. She enjoys watching hockey, spending time outdoors fishing and attending concerts.